My name is Mrs. Evelyn Cortes and I am blessed to be the Principal of Our Lady of Lourdes School, Tujunga. We are a dynamic, close-knit, Catholic school and parish community dedicated to having a close and personal relationship with God through acts of service, worship, and praise. We are committed to academic excellence and to fostering the best in each and every student.
Here are just a few of the things that make OLL School such an amazing place…
- Weekly Mass, daily prayer, and an active parish community; and monthly adoration;
- A rigorous Preschool through 8th grade curriculum;
- Junior high electives offered such as Guitar, Yearbook, Journalism, & Athletic Conditioning;
- Sacramental preparation and ongoing faith formation;
- Weekly Junior High focused “WIN” time (What I Need) to allow for support and differentiation;
- Parish children’s choir;
- A safe, supportive, and challenging school environment that believes in fostering the GROWTH MINDSET;
- An after-school athletic program;
- Opportunities for student leadership in our Student Council;
- An impressive visual and performing arts program and Junior High Spring Production;
- Dedicated and qualified teachers in every room including specialists teaching music, PE, computer, and library skills;
- Service hour program in which students reach out to our local community;
- A school of character using the Character Counts Program to develop a strong moral character;
- A student body whose test scores and annual growth are well above local and national averages;
- Active Parent Teacher Organization and engaged parent body; and
- A community of graduates who are admitted into and excelling at the very best Catholic high schools in the area, including, but not limited to, St. Francis High School, Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy, Bishop Alemany, Providence, St. Genevieve, & La Salle High School.
I invite you to come and tour our expansive and beautiful campus located at the base of the Angeles National Forest. See for yourself all of the wonderful learning and growing that goes on here at OLL School and why it’s called the Hidden Gem of the Foothills!
Again, welcome to Our Lady of Lourdes School, Tujunga
Sincerely yours in Christ,
Mrs. Evelyn Cortes, Principal